In conjunction with the waiving of quarantine requirements for vaccinated visitors, improving weather, and the potential return of international tourists by mid-May, expect to see the sidewalks busier than they’ve been in months. Already, the headlines are keeping pace…
- New Yorkers rediscover city’s pandemic-deserted tourist spots
- After long pandemic year, a changed New York shows renewal
- Tourists are finally returning to NYC
On the reopening front, there is plenty to be excited about:
- The Hayden Planetarium reopens today.
- The Loeb Boathouse Central Park returns Monday, March 29th. (Rowboat rentals are back as well.)
- Circle Line relaunches April 1st.
- Resorts World New York City returns to full hours on April 5th.
- On April 5th, the 11pm curfew for casinos, movie theaters, bowling alleys, pool halls, and gyms will be lifted (it stays in place for bars and restaurants, although that will be reevaluated in late April).
As of April 1st, the Mets and Yankees are fair game for fans again. Starting next week, Knicks and Rangers fans can ease entry to the Garden with proof of vaccination, negative test, or a 30-minute on-site antigen testing option.